J. Everette Academy - Webb Solar Realty
101 Devant St, Suite 505, Fayetteville, GA 30214
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Jun 24, 2023 10:00 am
Free HUD Certified Home Buyers Workshop with Lunch
Brought To You By: NID HUD Housing Counselor
WELCOME & REGISTRATION
MORTGAGE PROCESS - Presenter: GERALD CHAMBLIN (678) 598-5998 of Guaranteed Rate
DOWN PAYMENT OPTIONS
~30 MINUTE BREAK / FAIR HOUSING
REAL ESTATE TALK - Presenter: Marion Webb (770) 790-1299 of Webb Solar Realty
WRAP UP & QUESTION
Home Buyers Class with HUD Certificate.
There are two-Steps process required by HUD described below. At the end of the counseling program, you will have gained knowledge and facts about the journey to homeownership.
A) First Attend a Class/Workshop. Items required:
1. Completed Intake Package (click to download Intake Package)
2. Photo ID
B) Scheduled One-on-One. Bring these items to class or provide them when requested.
3. Check Stubs or Proof of Income (Award Letter)
4. Bank Statement (2 Months)
5. Credit Report (optional) www.annualcreditreport.com
6. Rental Lease (optional) if available
Attend a HUD Home Buyers Workshop - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Learn the Step-By-Step Process
Determine How Much You Can Afford - Get PRE-Approved
Find out if you're ready to buy a new home now, or what you need to do to get there.
- Get a close look at your financial picture
- Understand your credit score and how to improve it
- Create a realistic budget that takes into account the costs of owning a home
Prepare for Purchase - Selecting Your Team
There's a lot to know and a lot to prepare for - but knowledge is power! Your HUD-approved housing counselor will take you through it step by step. You'll soon understand how to make the mortgage process work for you.
- Different types of mortgages
- Mortgage terms you need to know
- The difference between prequalification and pre-approval
- Home appraisals
- Applying for a loan
- Understanding down payments
Shopping for Your New Home
This is the fun part! But before you go on open houses, you need to know what to shop for. You've got a lot of choices to make, and a lot to take into consideration here.
- Target price range
- Location of your home
- What type of home is best for you
- Weighing needs vs. wants
The Keys to a Successful Closing - Closing the Deal
This is what you've been waiting for - but there's a lot to do before you sign on the dotted line. Your HUD-approved housing counselor will make sure you're totally prepared for the big day.
- What to expect at closing
- All necessary documents and paperwork
- Paying the down payment and closing costs
- The pros and cons of homeownership
- Credit reports and how they’re scored
- How to improve your credit for homeownership
- Budgeting and saving for a home
- How much home can you afford?
- Resources for homebuyers
- Who’s who in the buying process (inspectors, appraisers, Realtors)
- New responsibilities of homeownership